If you want advice on how start a website, be wary. It is often oversold as a get rich quick scheme – its actually quite hard to generate enough traffic to create returns.
Once you have traffic though and a product, or advertising to sell however, its a completely passive income.
There are a few easy steps on how to start a website.
1. Register Your Domain Name.
The first thing you should do when starting a WordPress website is register a domain. This can be difficult, however as it will shape the direction of your brand for times to come.
You can get your domain for free through Bluehost for the first year as long as you buy Bluehost web hosting. This will be worthwhile investment as you will save money.
You can also get a cheaper monthly rate when you buy at least 12 months of hosting.
2. Buy Hosting For Your Website
Setting up a WordPress website on Bluehost is very easy. Hosting is the destination where you “host” your website.
I would recommend purchasing at least a 12 months hosting plan. Month-to-month is less effective. With a 12 month plan, you will receive a free domain name, lower pricing and you won’y have to deal with an expired website each month.
Website hosting will cost you approximately $59 per year, or $99 when you but it for 3 years!
When you are ready to start your website, follow the steps below.
1. Go to Bluehost and click the “Get Started Now” button
2. Click on the package you are interested in.
3. Enter the domain you registered with earlier, or sign up for a new domain name here.
4. Enter your personal and payment information.
5. Next you will be asked to enter a password.
3. Connect Your Domain And Your hosting
If you buy your domain through GoDaddy, then you will need to connect your domain to your hosting account. Go Daddy has a full support page for getting name servers for your domain names…
How to modify your DNS Nameservers when you are using Go Daddy for your domain and Bluehost for your hosting:
1. Log into GoDaddy.com Account Manager
2. Select Manage Domains from the Domain Names drop-down menu, or the Manage Your Accounts list.
3. Select the domain name you wish to modify using the checkboxes and then click Set Name Servers.
4. Enter your updated name server information in the spaces provided under the blue Name Servers heading on the right side of your page and click Save Changes at the bottom. Your entries should look like this: ns1.bluehost.com; ns2.bluehost.com
You will then need to add the domain you bought (such as through GoDaddy) as an add on domain to your Bluehost web hosting. You can do this by clicking on “Domains” when logged into your Bluehost web hosting account and then clicking on “assign”. Follow the steps and its very straight-forward.
4. Install WordPress
This part is the straight-forward part and the final stage in how to start a website.
1. When you are in your cPanel (you will receive a link to this in your welcome email from Bluehost, find and click on the image that says “One Click Install”)
2. Then, click on the “Start” button. This will begin the installation.
3. Once in the installation process, you will have to decide which domain you will want to install on WordPress on. Click the dropdown menu to the domain you will use.
4. Now, you will see “Advanced Options”. This is where you choose your username and password for your WordPress website. You should choose something secure. Don’t use “Admin” as your username. Choose something secure.
5. Click “Install Now”
6. Remember to save your username and password.
If you want to start a website, its not a get rich quick scheme. However, your site can generate considerable return if you choose a profitable niche and write great contentOnce you have created a passive income stream, its time to start investing. The easiest way to invest is probably through index funds.
There are many people who made incredibly large sums of money from blogging, however it requires serious dedication.